When the sunlight fades and gives way to darkness, that's the perfect time to capture awesome twilight shots. Share your best lowlight smartphone photos with us for a chance to win a Samsung Galaxy S9+...
There’s nothing more satisfying than being out and about in your home city, town, or village, seeing something breath-taking and being able to whip out your phone to take a photo at a moment’s notice.
It’s even sweeter when you can share that shot with your friends, family and followers wherever you are thanks to the strength of our most reliable network ever…
With the first ever dual aperture camera on a smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy S9+ automatically adapts to the light. And, treading the thin line between day and night, photographers Ron Timehin and Nigel Levanterman have been out exploring London, Liverpool, and Hampshire – S9+ in hand – to capture and share a few of their favourite iconic music and film locations like you’ve never seen them before…
Last week I changed my @VodafoneUK phone contract and opted for the option to include a Video Pass so that I can watch TV and film on the go without eating my data. I thought I would go and explore some iconic film and TV locations with my Galaxy S9+, first stop… The Millennium Bridge in London where Guardians of Galaxy was shot. This photo straight off the phone, looking across the Bridge at Dusk, loving the great low light camera on the S9+ . . . @VodafoneUK, #GoDiscoverS9 #ad #withGalaxy
From the Royal Albert Hall and Cavern Club, to Millennium Bridge and Knebworth House (filming location for The Crown) it’s hard not to be inspired. Now we want you to share your best lowlight shots for the chance to win a Galaxy S9+ of your own! And, if all this talk of iconic venues has you itching for a spot of entertainment on the go, we’ve got just the thing…
For as little as £5 per month, the Vodafone Music Pass gives you unlimited access to Spotify, Deezer, Napster, SoundCloud, TIDAL and Amazon Music Unlimited and Prime Music without eating into your monthly data allowance. Our Vodafone Video Pass provides unlimited video streaming access to Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, DisneyLife, Vevo, My5, YouTube, UKTV Play and TVPlayer for just £7 per month. If you’re struggling to make a decision you can pick up a Combo Pass for just £15 monthly which includes all of our 4 passes: Music, Video, Chat and Social. Please note: Passes do not include app subscriptions.
You can find out everything you need to know about Vodafone Passes over on the Vodafone UK website. But right now it’s time to discover just how you can win with our #GoDiscoverS9 competition…
Share and win with #GoDiscoverS9
Grab your smartphone and head to the streets, the woods, a church, a gig, a famous landmark, anywhere and take your best photo. Easy, you might think. But there’s a catch: it has to be a lowlight shot. We want to test your ability to capture something extraordinary in what can sometimes be a difficult time of day.
Do that, and share it on Instagram tagging us (@VodafoneUK) and either @rontimehin or @levanterman – using the hashtag #GoDiscoverS9 between 9am Saturday 5 May and 9am Tuesday 15 May, and you’ll be in with a chance to win a Samsung Galaxy S9+!
Our winners will be picked by our photo extraordinaires – Ron will select one winner and Nigel will pick the other. And while you may already be taking glorious photos at dusk, the Samsung Galaxy S9+ can help you capture your night time adventures with stunning clarity
As always, you’ll find full competition T&Cs below, and we can’t wait to see what you come up with. In the meantime, discover how you can make the most of the Galaxy S9+’s dual aperture feature, in the March edition of Picture Perfect.
Want to learn more about Ron Timeline? Be sure to check out this article on how to take atmospheric photos.
GoDiscoverS9 2018 competition terms and conditions
How to enter
1. The competition will open at 9am on Saturday 5 May 2018 and closes at 9am on Tuesday 15 May 2018.
2. To enter the competition, you need to upload your best dusk/low-light smartphone photo to Instagram using #GoDiscoverS9 and tagging @VodafoneUK. You will also need to tag either @levanterman or @rontimehin in your post.
3. Using this method, you can only enter once on Instagram. Only your first entry will be valid.
4. Your Instagram account will need to be set to Public at the time of entry until the winner has been announced.
5. Your entry must not be inappropriate (for example, logos of other companies), offensive or illegal, in breach of another person’s rights or in breach of Instagram or Vodafone Social’s rules.
6. Sorry, but you can’t enter this competition if:
a. You don’t live in the UK
b. You’re under 18 years old
c. You have an affiliation with, or work on the #GoDiscoverS9 competition and social campaign.
Winner and Prize
7. There will be two winners.
8. The two winners will be selected independently – one selected by Ron Timehin and one selected by Nige Story on Friday 18 May 2018.
9. The entries will be judged on dusk lighting, composition, subject and quality
10. We will DM both winners via Instagram on Friday 18th May 2018. To claim your prize, you will need to reply to the DM with your name, email address and postal address.
11. If we do not hear a response from you within by 2 days from the initial DM, we will pick another winner.
12. Each winner will receive 1 x Samsung Galaxy S9+
13. The winners will need to pay for any other expenses associated with the prize, such as the cost of Pay As You Go Bundle or a Pay Monthly price plan.
14. The prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. If for any reason we cannot provide the prize, we will offer an alternative prize of similar value.
15. We cannot be responsible for invalid details or communication failures. If any winner is not contactable after we have made reasonable efforts to do so (or is deemed ineligible in accordance with the terms) an alternative winner may be selected. We may require proof of eligibility prior to awarding any prize.
16. By entering the competition you give us your unconditional, payment-free, permission to use, copy, process, publish, transmit and display your entry and include this on Vodafone UK’s social channels. In this instance, user-generated content might be used by Vodafone to post on our social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and our blog, Vodafone Social).
18. The winners will receive their prize via courier within 30 working days of the competition.
19. We are not responsible for any damage to the prize on and during delivery as we rely on third parties for delivery. Please email us if there’s a problem with your prize at email@example.com
20. Winners may notify us by email of any change of details or address by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 25 May 2018.
21. The prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. If you can’t accept the prize for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible and an alternative winner will be chosen. No additional prize will be provided.
Publicity and Content
22. We will use your details to run the competition and contact you if you win. We won’t keep your details after the promotion has ended or send you marketing unless you have agreed to this.
23. The winner’s name may be displayed on @VodafoneUK Instagram channels. For the winners’ names please send a stamp addressed envelope to Rose Ball – External Communications at Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN by 25 July 2018.
24. Entrants may be requested to participate in related publicity for Vodafone UK, including name and general location being used in social media.
25. Whilst we’ll try and fulfil our obligations to run the competition smoothly, we’ll not be responsible if something happens that is beyond our reasonable control.
26. We reserve the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify you without notice if you tamper with the entry process or don’t comply with these rules.
27. By entering the competition, you accept these terms. Our decisions are final and we reserve the right not to enter into detailed responses to you.
28. This competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.