Wish you could pick up a gamepad and get stuck into a spot of online gaming with your kids?
Here's how to bring everyone in the family into the same league...
Ever feel like you’re missing out when it comes to the hobbies your kids love, but don’t know how to get involved? If the kids and teens in your house are avid gamers, is there any hope of picking up the controller and joining them without completely embarrassing yourself?
We’re here to tell you there is, thanks to Vodafone Home Broadband, YouTube sensation Ali A, and our new #FamilySquad prizedraw! Ready to school up on Fortnite, set a PB on Forza, or become a pro at Mario Kart? Read on to find out how…
Become a pro gaming parent!
When your home broadband connection is up to scratch, there’s no limit to what you can do online. For example, that fast, stable Wi-Fi – like the Wi-Fi provided by Vodafone Home Broadband – can open a whole new world when it comes to gaming, letting you battle all-comers around the globe in an endless array of digital battlefields.
But, if Mario was still in two dimensions the last time you picked up a controller, how can you possibly play alongside your home’s resident pro gamer?
Enter: Vodafone Home Broadband’s new #FamilySquad! We’ve teamed up with YouTube star Ali A – a gamer with over 11 million avid subscribers – to help teach a team of parents how to hold their own in the online gaming arena. And you (or a deserving parent you know) could be among them!
Meet the squad
You’ll notice a few famous faces and top family vloggers make up our #FamilySquad:
First up there’s Strictly’s finest, Tess Daly
Followed swiftly by Sally Phillips
And then our trio of vloggers, Family Fizz, Gorgeous Movies and MorgzMum!
That awesome squad joined Ali A in an online gaming boot camp, powered by Vodafone Home Broadband last week, where they learned to drive, shoot and swing a digital sword with the best of them – ready to head back home and show the kids that you can, in fact, teach old(er) dogs new tricks!
If you want to join our virtual #FamilySquad and get up to speed with the world of online gaming, we’re giving away two intro to gaming bundles, which includes a console of your choice, two controllers and a game of your choice!
All you need to do to enter is tweet @VodafoneUK, or comment on our Facebook post when the prize draw goes live at 5.15pm on Twitter and 5.30pm on Facebook on Wednesday 7 March, with the name of the person you think needs to up their gaming skills with a brand new gaming bundle!
As always, you can find full Ts&Cs at the bottom of the story and in the meantime, why not check out what Vodafone Home Broadband has to offer? You can find out everything you need to know right here.
Learn how online gaming is coming to mobile… Read the story behind mobile gaming smash hit, Vainglory.
Where to next?
#FamilySquad Intro to gaming prize draw terms and conditions
How to enter
1. The prize draw will open at 5.15pm on Twitter and 5.30pm on Facebook on Wednesday 7 March 2018 and close at 5pm on Tues 13 March 2018.
2. To enter the prize draw you can enter in two ways:
a) Tweet @VodafoneUK with the name of the person you are nominating to win the gaming bundle to improve their gaming skills, and #FamilySquad
b) Comment on this Facebook post with the name of the person you are nominating to win the gaming bundle to improve their gaming skills, and #FamilySquad
3. Using this method, you can only enter once on Facebook and once on Twitter, any further entries will not be included and only your first entry will count.
4. Your entry must not be inappropriate (for example, logos of other companies), offensive or illegal, in breach of another person’s rights or in breach of Twitter or Vodafone Social’s rules.
5. Sorry, but you can’t enter this prize draw if:
a) You don’t live in the UK
b) You’re under 18 years old
c) You have an affiliation with, or work on the #FamilySquad prize draw.
Winner and Prize
6. There will be two winners – 1 on Facebook and 1 on Twitter, each will win an intro to gaming bundle, which includes 1 x game console of their choice, 2 x controllers and 1 x game of their choice.
7. The winner will be drawn independently, at random from the qualifying entries from 5pm on Tues 13 March 2018 unless winners need to be re-drawn.
8. Shortly after drawing the winners, we will announce the winner on @VodafoneUK on Twitter the winner will then need to send a private message (DM) to @VodafoneUK with the following information: Name, age, address and contact telephone number.
9. If we do not hear back from you within 5 days, we will draw another winner.
10. The prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. If for any reason we cannot provide the prize, we will offer an alternative prize of similar value.
11. The winners will receive their device via courier within 30 days of the prize draw.
12. We are not responsible for any damage to the prize on and during delivery as we rely on third parties for delivery. Please email us if there’s a problem with your prize at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. If you can’t accept the prize for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible and an alternative winner will be chosen. No additional prize will be provided.
14. By entering the prize draw you give us your unconditional, payment-free, permission to use, copy, process, publish, transmit and display your entry and include this on Vodafone UK’s social channels
Publicity & Content
16. We will use your details to run the prize draw and contact you if you win. We won’t keep your details after the promotion has ended or send you marketing unless you have agreed to this.
17. The winner’s name may be displayed on Vodafone Social. For the winners’ names please send a stamp addressed envelope to Rose Ball – External Communications at Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN by 12/06/18.
18. Entrants may be requested to participate in related publicity for Vodafone UK, including name and general location being used in social media.
19. Whilst we’ll try and fulfil our obligations to run the prize draw smoothly, we’ll not be responsible if something happens that is beyond our reasonable control.
20. We reserve the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify you without notice if you tamper with the entry process or don’t comply with these rules.
21. By entering the prize draw you accept these terms. Our decisions are final and we reserve the right not to enter into detailed responses to you.
22. This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter.
Who are we? Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN