It’s time to flex your creative muscle and go where you’ve never been before. Explore the world around you, phone in hand, and share your best shots with us @VodafoneUK for the chance to win an amazing photography pack including a Samsung Galaxy S8, Gear 360 and Gear VR…
With our most reliable network ever, you can now use your phone in more places than ever before. But we all know pictures speak louder than words, so we’ve called on three of the UK’s best urban photographers to show the world in a new light.
Venturing off the beaten track to bring a new perspective to old environments, photographers Emmanuel Cole, Ron Timehin and Shane Vincent of Vincent Chapters have been capturing some amazing images in unlikely places, all with the Samsung Galaxy S8.
Feeling inspired by the shots on this page? We’d hoped you would be. Because we’ve got a bundle of prizes to win that’ll make even the most experienced photographer envious – including a Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Gear VR and Gear 360 Camera! Here’s how you could win…
Beauty isn’t always immediately visible. Sometimes you need to dig a little deeper and look at life through a different lens. Get it right though, and you could be on the receiving end of an awesome mobile prize.
So go ahead, share your most interesting shots of hidden architectural gems or abandoned spaces with us on Instagram or Twitter between 9am today Monday 4 December and 9am Monday 11 December. Remember to tag @VodafoneUK and use the hashtag #GoDiscover and your future photographic masterpieces could well be taken on a brand new Samsung Galaxy S8!
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is a firm favourite among smartphone photographers for its ability to capture crisp and vibrant pictures, even in low light. Plus you can switch to Pro Mode to manually perfect your picks. However, the addition of the Gear 360 Camera and Gear VR really takes things up a notch, allowing you to take amazing 360 photos, live stream action as it happens and experience immersive media like never before.
It couldn’t be easier to get your entries in, but if you do have any questions, you’ll find full Ts&Cs at the bottom of this post. Good luck!
Find out more… Click here to discover all the Samsung Galaxy S8 has to offer.
GoDiscoverS8 2017 prize draw terms and conditions
How to enter
1. The prize draw will open at 9am on Monday 4 December 2017 and close at 9am on Monday 11 December 2017.
2. To enter the prize draw you need to upload your best smartphone picture of your local landscape to Instagram or Twitter using #GoDiscover and tagging @VodafoneUK. Using this method, you can enter once on Instagram and once on Twitter. Your Instagram account will need to be set to Public at the time of entry until the winner has been announced to participate.
3. Your entry must not be inappropriate (for example, logos of other companies), offensive or illegal, in breach of another person’s rights or in breach of Instagram, Twitter or Vodafone Social’s rules.
4. Sorry, but you can’t enter this prize draw if:
a) You don’t live in the UK
b) You’re under 18 years old
c) You have an affiliation with, or work on the #GoDiscover prizedraw and social campaign.
Winner and Prize
5. There will be two winners – one winner on Instagram and one winner on Twitter. Each winner will receive 1 x Samsung Galaxy S8, 1 x Samsung Gear VR and 1 x Samsung Gear 360.
6. The winners will need to pay for any other expenses associated with the prize, such as the cost of Pay as you go bundle or a Pay monthly price plan.
7. Two winners will be drawn independently, at random from the qualifying entries from 9am on Monday 11 December 2017. The winners will be announced on Vodafone UK’s Twitter account and on the winner’s entry post on Instagram.
8. To claim your prize, you will need to direct message us on the channel you won on via @VodafoneUK with your name, email address and postal address.
9. If we do not hear a response from you within seven days, we will pick another winner.
10. The prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. If for any reason we cannot provide the prize, we will offer an alternative prize of similar value.
11. We cannot be responsible for invalid details or communication failures. If any winner is not contactable after we have made reasonable efforts to do so (or is deemed ineligible in accordance with the terms) an alternative winner may be selected. We may require proof of eligibility prior to awarding any prize.
12. By entering the prize draw you give us your unconditional, payment-free, permission to use, copy, process, publish, transmit and display your entry and include this on Vodafone UK’s social channels. In this instance, user-generated content might be used by Vodafone to post on our social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and our blog, Vodafone Social).
14. The winners will receive their prize via courier within 30 working days of the prize draw.
15. We are not responsible for any damage to the prize on and during delivery as we rely on third parties for delivery. Please email us if there’s a problem with your prize at email@example.com
16. Winners may notify us by email of any change of details or address by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 18 December 2017.
17. The prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. If you can’t accept the prize for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible and an alternative winner will be chosen. No additional prize will be provided.
Publicity and Content
18. We will use your details to run the prize draw and contact you if you win. We won’t keep your details after the promotion has ended or send you marketing unless you have agreed to this.
19. The winner’s name may be displayed on @VodafoneUK Instagram and Twitter channels. For the winners’ names please send a stamp addressed envelope to Rose Ball – External Communications at Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN by 11 March 2017.
20. Entrants may be requested to participate in related publicity for Vodafone UK, including name and general location being used in social media.
21. Whilst we’ll try and fulfil our obligations to run the prize draw smoothly, we’ll not be responsible if something happens that is beyond our reasonable control.
22. We reserve the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify you without notice if you tamper with the entry process or don’t comply with these rules.
23. By entering the prize draw you accept these terms. Our decisions are final and we reserve the right not to enter into detailed responses to you.
24. This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter.
Who are we? Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN