The wait is over: both the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ have just been unveiled to the world, and you can pre-order yours from Vodafone UK right now!
It’s been a long wait for phone fans everywhere, but the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ are officially out in the open! They’ll both be landing here at Vodafone UK really soon, but in the meantime why not get to know what makes them such special smartphones?
From stunning design to powerful processors and everything in-between, here’s absolutely everything you need to know about the Samsung Galaxy S8 range…
Design and display
The first thing you’ll notice about both the S8 and the S8+ is their futuristic new industrial design. The sci-fi look is a combination of symmetry, rounded corners and a gorgeous new ‘Infinity Display’, all of which makes for a phone with palm-friendly dimensions that doesn’t scrimp on screen estate.
In fact, because the top and bottom bezels on both S8 handsets are so slim, and because of a new, taller 16:5.9 aspect ratio, Samsung’s managed to squeeze 5.8-inch and 6.2-inch Quad-HD Super AMOLED displays into phones with surprisingly small dimensions: 148.9 x 68.1cm and 159.5 x 73.4cm, respectively.
Hello, Bixby! It’s no secret that smartphones are getting smarter, but Samsung is looking to edge ahead of the pack with its new virtual assistant, baked right into the S8 and S8+. You’ll be able to invoke Bixby with a voice command before asking him to help you book meetings, set reminders, look things up online and a whole bunch more besides. Want to go a bit more hands-on? An onscreen dashboard lets you manage everything Bixby’s currently got on his plate.
Want to keep your secret stuff safe? The Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ both benefit from the latest in high-tech security thanks to Iris scanners built into the tiny top bezels on both. With this you’ll be able to unlock yours simply by looking at it, and in a way that you know is super secure because the patterns found in your iris are totally unique to you. You can find out more about Iris scanning tech and the future of smartphone security right here.
Samsung’s Galaxy range has always been known for pushing the boundaries when it comes to smartphone camera technology, and the ones found in the S8 range only continue that fine lineage. Both the Galaxy S8 and the S8+ sport Dual Pixel 12-Megapixel rear cameras, capable of taking incredibly detailed shots thanks to an F1.7 lens and enhanced image processing smarts.
If you’re a selfie-taking machine, meanwhile, you’ll be pleased to know that the front cams on each are hugely capable 8-Megapixel numbers.
Performance and extras
Of course, top-end tech and industrial design won’t get you very far if you don’t have the brains to back it all up. Thankfully the Galaxy S8 and S8+ have power in spades, with a new Octa-core, 64-bit processor with (4GB of RAM) sitting under the hood in each. That’s more than enough to keep apps, games, videos and more purring along nicely, while 64GB of storage means you’ll have plenty of room to breathe.
Battery-wise, the Galaxy S8 sports a meaty 3000mAh unit, while the S8+ gets a 3500mAh cell – perfect for keeping those big, beautiful displays firing on all cylinders.
And lastly, it’s worth remembering that when you grab yourself a new Samsung Galaxy 8 or 8+ you don’t just get a top new smartphone; you get a key to a world of cool extras. Chuck the S8 or S8+ into a Gear VR headset, for instance, and you’ll enter an ever-growing universe of bespoke VR experiences. That’s on top of Samsung DeX, the amazing new tech which transforms the S8 and S8+ into a desktop computer when you place it into a compatible dock!
Want to be one of the first to get your hands on a brand new Samsung Galaxy S8? We’ve got four phones to give away on the UK’s #1 network for voice. For your chance to discover a whole new Galaxy, simply reply with a correct answer to one of the four questions that we’ll be tweeting from @VodafoneUK throughout the day tomorow (30 March 2017) – keep up with all of the action via the #GoDiscoverS8 hashtag, from 00:01(am). Please note, only users who have submitted a correct answer via the @VodafoneUK pre-populated Tweet, are eligible to be entered into the prize draw. As always, full Ts&Cs are at the bottom of this post. Good luck!
Fantastic flagships… All in all, both phones represent the very latest in smartphone innovation, and both will be landing at Vodafone UK soon. Pre-order your Samsung Galaxy S8 now!
#GoDiscoverS8 giveaway Twitter – Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
Who can enter
1. To enter this prize draw you must:
a. Be at least 18 years old. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
b. Have a Twitter account that is not set to private as we will be unable to track and view these entries.
c. Not be an employee of Vodafone UK
d. Be resident in the UK
How to enter
2. The prizedraw opens at 00.01 on 30th March 2017 and will close at 23:59 on 30th March 2017. There will be 4 prize draws for 1x Samsung Galaxy S8 phone (per prize giveaway) that will take place throughout the day, starting after 09:00 on 30th March 2017 and ending before 23:59 on 30th March 2017. To be entered for a chance to win, follow the instructions below:
i) Users must enter from one of the various Vodafone #GoDiscoverS8 ad Tweets on Twitter from @VodafoneUK, which show a feature/unique selling points of the Samsung Galaxy S8 device in a piece of video content and which ask a question on which feature this is
ii) The user will then need to click on the button labelled with the correct feature in from the 2 options below the ad. One of these will be the right answer, one the wrong.
iii) This will then enter you into the prize draw after you have tweeted after entry using #GoDiscoverS8 and @VodafoneUK.
3. Users must tweet after you have entered using @VodafoneUK and #GoDiscoverS8 to be validated for entry.
4. Users who submit their entry via Twitter following the entry requirements stipulated and accept the Ts&Cs
5. User can enter each separate question once, and there will be up to 5 questions posted throughout the day, this means up to five entries can be made per person, but you can only win once.
Winner and prize
6. There are 4 prizes to giveaway.
7. Each prize includes 1x Samsung Galaxy S8 device.
8. The cost of delivery will be paid for by Vodafone.
9. For entries, winners will be informed they have won and asked to follow @VodafoneUK on Twitter. Following this they will receive further information on how to redeem their prize via direct message.
10. Only winners will be contacted.
11. We cannot be responsible for invalid details or communication failures. If any winner is not contactable after we have made reasonable efforts to do so (or is deemed ineligible in accordance with the terms), an alternative winner may be selected. We may require proof of eligibility prior to awarding any prize.
12. If the winner doesn’t respond to our DM by 09:00 on the 05/04/17, then another winner will be selected at random.
13. Each prize is non-transferable, and no cash alternative will be offered. If for any reason we cannot provide the prize, we will offer an alternative prize of similar value.
14. Prize will not be able to be sent out until the 28th of April.
Publicity & Content
15. Where we need to, we’ll use your details to run the prize draw and contact you if you win. We won’t send you marketing unless you have agreed to this.
16. The winners may be requested to participate in related publicity for Vodafone UK, including his/her name and general location being used in our social media channels.
18. For the winners’ names please send a stamped SAE to Ben Mortimore and Alex Jackson – Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN by 30 October 2017.
19. Whilst we’ll try and fulfil our obligations to run the draw smoothly, we’ll not be responsible if something happens which isn’t in our reasonable control. We reserve the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify you without notice if you tamper with the entry process or you don’t comply with these rules.
20. By entering the prize draw you accept these terms. Our decisions are final and we reserve the right not to enter into detailed responses to you.
21. This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed, associated with or administered Twitter
Who are we? The Promoter. Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN