On the hunt for something that'll cheer up the most depressing day of the year? Look no further than our grintastic #BlueFunday emoji challenge...
Feeling blue? You’re not alone. 16 January 2017, otherwise known as ‘Blue Monday’, is officially the most depressing day of the year. But don’t worry: we’re here to brighten your day with the chance to win one of four Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Blues, as well as to have a laugh or two along the way.
If you’re beginning to feel happier already, read on to learn how you could be in with a chance of winning, as well as exactly what top makeup vloggers Hannah Leigh and Becky Sheeran have got to do with things…
Emoji joy in Jan
Christmas has disappeared from memory, your work is mounting up, and the nights are long and dark. It’s a recipe for a pretty glum Monday. Thankfully, we think we’ve found the perfect way to garner a smile; a quick-fire competition and a set of silly videos featuring some of the UK’s most popular makeup moguls.
Hannah Leigh and Becky Sheeran are no strangers to donning a bit of lippie or dash of foundation, but today they’re going the extra mile for our #BlueFunday Emoji Challenge – and making themselves look very, very different in the process.
So what is the challenge? Simple. We all love emojis, but what happens when you take those little yellow faces out of your phone and splash them across real life faces? That’s exactly what Hannah and Becky have been up to, with grin-inducing results.
As you’ll be able to see on our social channels, the girls are on their way to transforming themselves into a few well-known emojis. But can you guess which? If so, head on over to Vodafone UK’s Facebook page and comment on the videos with the emoji you think they’re recreating, and you could be in with a chance to win a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Blue! Or you can tweet @VodafoneUK with the answer – and don’t forget to include #BlueFunday for your entry to count! How’s that for a bit of a blues beater?!
As always, you can find full Ts&Cs at the foot of this post, but you’ll find everything else you need to know over at @VodafoneUK or facebook.com/VodafoneUK. Good luck, and be sure to check out our exclusive interview with Hannah and Becky all about the world of makeup blogging and vlogging.
Could you make it as a digital artist? Here’s everything you need to know about getting started, from YouTube sensation Draw With Jazza.
#BlueFunday prize draw terms and conditions
1. The prize draw will open at 12am (midnight) on 16 January 2017 and close at 12.01am on 17 January 2017.
2. There are two ways to enter the prize draw:
a. Comment with the correct emoji on one of the four #BlueFunday videos hosted on Facebook
b. Tweet @VodafoneUK with the correct answer to one of the four emojis using #BlueFunday
3. Using this method, you can enter a maximum of two times; once on each channel.
4. Your entry must not be inappropriate (for example, logos of other companies), offensive or illegal, in breach of another person’s rights or in breach of Facebook, Twitter or Vodafone Social’s rules.
5. Sorry, but you can’t enter this prize draw if:
a) You don’t live in the UK
b) You’re under 18 years old
c) You have an affiliation with, or work on the #BlueFunday prize draw.
Winner and Prize
6. There will be four winners, each will receive a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Blue). This handset will not come with a SIM card.
7. The winners will need to pay for any other expenses associated with the prize.
8. The four winners will be drawn independently, at random from the qualifying entries after the closing date at 9am on 17 January 2017. There will be 2 winners from Facebook and two winners from Twitter.
9. We will contact the winner via private message on the channel they have entered the prize draw, to confirm their acceptance of the prize and personal details for delivery. If we don’t receive a response from you within 3 days we will pick another winner.
10. The prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. If for any reason we cannot provide the prize, we will offer an alternative prize of similar value.
11. By entering the prize draw you give us your unconditional, payment-free, permission to use, copy, process, publish, transmit and display your entry and include this on Vodafone UK’s social channels.
12. The winners will receive their device via courier within 30 days of the prize draw.
13. We are not responsible for any damage to the prize on and during delivery as we rely on third parties for delivery. Please email us if there’s a problem with your prize at email@example.com
14. Winners may notify us by email of any change of details or address by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10am on the 31 January 2017.
15. If you can’t accept the prize for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible and an alternative winner will be chosen. No additional prize will be provided.
Publicity & Content
16. We will use your details to run the prize draw and contact you if you win. We won’t keep your details after the promotion has ended or send you marketing unless you have agreed to this.
17. The winner’s name may be displayed on Vodafone Social. For the winners’ names please send a stamp addressed envelope to Kimberley Harcombe – External Communications at Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN by 31 March 2016.
18. Entrants may be requested to participate in related publicity for Vodafone UK, including name and general location being used in social media.
19. Whilst we’ll try and fulfil our obligations to run the prize draw smoothly, we’ll not be responsible if something happens that is beyond our reasonable control.
20. We reserve the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify you without notice if you tamper with the entry process or don’t comply with these rules.
21. By entering the prize draw you accept these terms. Our decisions are final and we reserve the right not to enter into detailed responses to you.
22. This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Instagram.
Who are we? Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN