The weather outside is frightful, but your snaps are so delightful. We want to see the best of your winter pics for the chance to win a Sony Xperia XZ, just in time for Christmas…
Twinkling lights, festive markets and glistening ice rinks. The beauty of winter is hard to beat, but easy to capture. To prove it, we want to see your best winter shots as part of our new #WinterWows prize draw, and in return we’ll be giving three budding mobile photographers a brand-new Sony Xperia ZX smartphone just in time for Christmas.
Think you’ve got our Christmas prize draw all wrapped-up? Read on, grab your smartphone and get snapping. But hurry! You’ve only got one day to enter…
Our Vodafone elves have been working hard all year to help your Instagrams, tweets, snaps, and Facebook posts hit the web from wherever you might be. In fact, we were recently named ‘London’s #1 Network’’ by independent testers P3 Connect – and we think that’s worth a celebration.
To help spread the word (and a bit of Christmas cheer) we recently equipped three of Instagram’s best photographers with Sony Xperia XZ smartphones and sent them out to catch the low-light magic at some of London’s most iconic winter locations.
Conor MacNeill (@thefella), Phillipa Stanton (@5ftinf) and Zoe Timmers (@zobolondon) put the Xperia XZ’s through its paces, and the results – as you can probably see – are simply stunning…
Impressive, huh? But we know they’re not the only ones making the most of winter when it comes to photography. So now it’s over to you: from winter eats to winter streets, festivities and lights, we want to see your stuff!
It’s really easy to enter. Simply upload your winter-themed photography to Twitter or Instagram making sure you include @VodafoneUK and the hashtag #WinterWows in the caption, and you’re well on your way to winning a Sony Xperia XZ. But this is a one day-only extravaganza, so you need to get your entries in today!
Our #WinterWows prize draw is only open from 8am ‘til 4pm today (Monday 19 December 2016). Three winners will be selected at random from all the posts, and phones will be sent in time for Christmas.
You’ll find the full T&Cs at the bottom of this post and we’ll be keeping you posted with all entries right here so go on, make it snappy.
Need a bit more inspiration? … Check out our resident astrophotography expert Tim Burgess’ top tips on capturing amazing night time shots.
#WinterWows Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. The prize draw will open at 8am on 19 December 2016 and close at 4pm the same day.
2. There are two ways to enter the prize draw:
a. Upload a winter image on Twitter including @VodafoneUK and #WinterWows in the post.
b. Upload a winter image on Instagram including @VodafoneUK and #WinterWows in the caption.
3. Using this method, you can enter once on each channel.
4. Your entry must not be inappropriate (for example, logos of other companies), offensive or illegal, in breach of another person’s rights or in breach of Twitter, Instagram or Vodafone Social’s rules. Please don’t include an image of someone who has not agreed to appear in the photo we’ll disqualify such entries without notice.
5. Sorry, but you can’t enter this prize draw if:
a. You don’t live in the UK
b. You’re under 18 years old
c. You have an affiliation with, or work on the #WinterWows prize draw.
Winner and Prize
6. There will be three winners, each of whom will receive a free Sony Xperia XZ. This handset will not come with a SIM card.
7. The winners will need to pay for any other expenses associated with the prize.
8. The three winners will be drawn independently, at random from the qualifying entries after the closing time of 4:00pm on 19 December 2016
9. We will contact the winner via private message on the channel they have entered the prize draw, to confirm their acceptance of the prize and personal details for delivery. If we don’t receive a response from you within 3 hours we will pick another winner.
10. The prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. If for any reason we cannot provide the prize, we will offer an alternative prize of similar value.
11. By entering the prize draw you give us your unconditional, payment-free, permission to use, copy, process, publish, transmit and display your entry and include this on Vodafone UK’s social channels.
12. The winners will receive their device via courier within 30 days of the prize draw.
13. We are not responsible for any damage to the prize on and during delivery as we rely on third parties for delivery. Please email us if there’s a problem with your prize at firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Winners may notify us by email of any change of details or address by email to email@example.com before 10am on the 21 December 2016.
15. If you can’t accept the prize for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible and an alternative winner will be chosen. No additional prize will be provided.
Publicity and Content
16. We will use your details to run the prize draw and contact you if you win. We won’t keep your details after the promotion has ended or send you marketing unless you have agreed to this.
17. The winner’s name may be displayed on Vodafone Social. For the winners’ names please send a stamp addressed envelope to Kimberley Harcombe – External Communications at Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN by 31 January 2016.
18. Entrants may be requested to participate in related publicity for Vodafone UK, including name and general location being used in social media.
19. Whilst we’ll try and fulfil our obligations to run the prize draw smoothly, we’ll not be responsible if something happens that is beyond our reasonable control.
20. We reserve the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify you without notice if you tamper with the entry process or don’t comply with these rules.
21. By entering the prize draw you accept these terms. Our decisions are final and we reserve the right not to enter into detailed responses to you.
22. This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Instagram.
Who are we? Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN