Looking for some post-Tony Awards happiness? Here are 30 of our favourite, most smile-inducing moments from all of the world's biggest movie, TV and stage awards ceremonies.
Want some great news? If you sign up to Vodafone, our new 30 Day Network Guarantee means you’ll get to try us out and test our signal in your area without worry. If you’re not smiling at the end of those 30 days you can walk away no questions asked!
To celebrate, our #30DayYay campaign is making the good go on and on all throughout June by exploring some of the happiest stuff online from the worlds of music, sport, TV and movies. This time, since we’ve just had the 2016 Tony Awards, we thought we’d take a smile-inducing walk through the 30 best and happiest moments from award ceremonies, ever. And the nominees are…
Gongs, goofiness and gratitude
1. David Niven destroys a streaker with a one liner (1974)
Proving that a sharp wit is mightier than any flashy stunt.
2. Matt Damon and Ben Affleck’s first big win (1997)
Pure, unadulterated joy from the fresh-faced writing team behind Good Will Hunting.
3. Cuba Gooding JR. exploding with pride (1997)
Some good-hearted goodwill from Cuba.
4. Robin Williams is rendered speechless (1998)
The late, great Robin Williams was always famed for his madcap, energetic and frenetic babbling, so it’s a rare treat to see him lost for words.
5. Roberto Benigni’s acceptance speech (1999)
Roberto climbs over all the chairs, thanks everyone on Earth and invites everyone in the room to go bed with him.
6. Halle Berry becomes the first African American female to win an Oscar for Actress in a Lead Role (2002)
“This moment is so much bigger than me.”
7. Martin Scorsese (finally) wins an Oscar (2007)
About time, too!
8. Heath Ledger wins a posthumous Oscar (2009)
A fitting tribute for the man who put a whole new spin on the phrase ‘performance of a lifetime’.
9. Neil Patrick Harris’ Tonys show opening number (2011)
Neil’s a tour de force when it comes to musical show openers, knocking it out of the park every year he hosts.
10. Johnny Depp says ‘Hi’ to Taylor Swift on behalf of his daughter (2011)
“My daughters said if I didn’t say ‘Hi’ to you I’d be in big trouble.”
11. Neil Patrick Harris’ Tonys show opening number (2012)
Another Tonys show, another brilliant musical extravaganza
12. Neil Patrick Harris’ Tonys show opening number (2013)
Please, Neil, you’re making everyone else look bad
13. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler at the Golden Globes (2013)
Real life bezzies Tina and Amy prove they’ve got what it takes to roast Hollywood.
14. Benedict Jumpingbatch #1 (2014)
Someone’s had too much sugar.
15. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler at the Golden Globes (2014)
Another cracking set of jokes and jibes from comedy’s leading ladies
16. Ellen as the Good Witch (2014)
Reasons to love Ellen #261: She’s never afraid of making herself look silly
17. Pharrell and Meryl Streep get jiggy (2014)
Music: the great leveller
18. Matthew McConaughey thanks future Matthew McConaughey (2014)
His hero? Himself in ten years time. Which is alright, alright, alright by us.
19. Brad Pitt helps deliver pizza (2014)
Ellen orders pizzas, Brad hands out the plates. As you do.
20. Donald Sutherland throws berries at the Teen Choice Awards (2014)
Proving that he enjoyed his role as President Snow a little bit too much.
21. Lupita Nyong’o’s heartfelt and eloquent acceptance speech (2014)
It doesn’t get much better than this.
22. Benedict Jumpingbatch #2 (2015)
Seriously, Benedict, calm down.
23. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler at the Golden Globes (2015)
The dynamic duo’s final tour as Golden Globe hosts packs in some real zingers.
24. Tracy Morgan’s surprise Emmy appearance (2015)
Tracy suffered a horrific car accident in 2014 that left him in a coma for two weeks, which is why this walk on rightly garnered a full standing ovation.
25. Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader forgetting their lines at the Golden Globes (2015)
26. Ellen’s record-breaking selfie (2015)
We can only dream of capturing a selfie this full of cool.
27. Channing Tatum twerking at the MTV Movie awards (2015)
No comment necessary.
28. Kevin Spacey wins a Golden Globe, plots his ‘revenge’ (2015)
After finally scooping a gong, Kev lets his inner Frank Underwood shine through.
29. Chris Rock’s daughter sells $65k’s worth of Girl Scout cookies to the Oscars audience (2016)
Talk about a guilt trip.
30. Leo (finally) wins his oscar (2016)
Sweet, sweet victory, served with a side of environmental advocacy.
Get happy… Interested in giving us a try? You can find out everything you need to know about our 30 Day Network Guarantee right here.