What inspires you to lace up your trainers, get out there and fundraise? Tell us your #WhyIRaise story and you could win some great JustTextGiving gear!
Are you a big fundraiser? Or thinking of raising some cash for a worthy cause? We want to hear all about why you and thousands like you put so much time and effort into fundraising for charity. And to do that, we’re launching the brand new JustTextGiving #WhyIRaise campaign.
Whether it’s training for a marathon, shaking a bucket of change in the rain or baking umpteen cupcakes for an office cake sale, fundraising can be a hard slog. But that doesn’t stop people from getting involved: in 2012, £37 billion was raised for the UK’s 160,000 charities because of people like you. But just what is it that gives you the motivation to lace up your trainers or jump out of a plane?
Raising the bar
Over the coming weeks, uncovering the secret to this kind of selfless dedication will be our number one goal. Not only do we want to know why the people in our online community raise, we’ll also be sharing inspirational stories from other dedicated fundraisers along the way – the inside scoop from people who have taken fundraising to the extreme, alongside word from those who have only just set out on their charitable journey.
Everyone’s reasons are different. Perhaps you raise money for a charity that means a lot to you personally? Maybe you’re an adrenaline junky that simply loves a challenge? Or maybe you want to repay the fantastic team that helped your friend or family member during a hard time?
They’re all amazing, inspiring reasons to get out there. And in helping you tell them, we want to galvanise others to pick a project, set up a JustTextGiving text code and get raising much-needed funds for a cause they love!
If you want to join in the conversation, grab your phone, tablet or laptop, log in to Twitter or Facebook, and use the hashtag #WhyIRaise to tell us @JustTextGiving your story. Your tweets and posts will help inspire others, but on top of that, using the #WhyIRaise hashtag will automatically ever you into a daily prize draw to win a personalised fundraising sports bib, helping you take your raising to next level.
We can’t wait to hear why you raise. Keep your eyes peeled over the next few weeks for loads more Vodafone Social posts all about inspirational fundraisers, including top tips on how to stay motivated, and how to drum up as much cash as possible for your charity of choice…
Stay in the loop: Check out all the activity from our @JustTextGiving #WhyIRaise campaign here, or have a peek at our Facebook page here.
#WhyIRaise Terms and Conditions
How you enter:
1. The prize draw opens at 9am on 10th August 2015 and will close at 23:59pm on 26th August 2015.
2. To enter via Twitter your tweet must include: #WhyIRaise @JustTextGiving and your reason for fundraising.
3. Using this method, one entry can be submitted per person.
4. Your entry must not be inappropriate (for example, logos of other companies), offensive or illegal, in breach of another person’s rights or in breach of Twitter’s rules. We’ll disqualify such entries without notice.
5. Sorry, but you can’t enter this prize draw if:
a) You don’t live in the UK.
b) You’re under 18 years old.
c) You have an affiliation with, or work on the prize draw.
Winner and prize:
6. There will be 34 winners, 2 per day across the length of the campaign.
7. Each winner will receive: one JustTextGiving fundraising vest printed with your text code and chosen charity, in a size nominated by you.
8. The winners will be drawn independently; at random every day at 9am, from the qualifying entries received in the 24 hour period before.
9. We will notify the winners via Twitter by 12 noon daily.
10. The winners will need to provide us, via Twitter, with their correct full name, age, phone number, email address, residential address, text code, charity, vest size and valid identification within 72 hours.
11. If the winners do not respond within 72 hours, we will choose another winner.
12. By entering the prize draw you give us your unconditional, payment-free, permission to use, copy, process, publish, transmit and display your entry and include this on Vodafone Social (www.blog.vodafone.com) and JustTextGiving’s Twitter and Facebook pages.
13. The prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. If for any reason we cannot provide the prize, we will offer an alternative prize of equivalent value.
14. The winner will receive their prize via Royal Mail within 45 days of the last day of the competition, 26th August 2015
15. We are not responsible for any damage to the prize on and during delivery as we rely on third parties for delivery. Please email us if there’s a problem with your prize at email@example.com
16. Winners may notify us by email of any change of details or address by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before DATE
17. If you can’t accept the prize for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible and an alternative winner will be chosen. No additional prize will be provided.
18. By entering the prize draw you accept these terms. Our decisions are final and we reserve the right not to enter into detailed responses to you.
Publicity & Content
18. Where we need to we’ll use your details to run the prize draw and contact you if you win. We may also use your name to confirm the winner’s details on our Twitter channel. We won’t send you marketing unless you have agreed to this.
19. The winner may be requested to participate in related publicity for Vodafone UK, including his/her name and general location being used in social media.
20. For the winner names please send a stamped SAE to Kimberley Harcombe – External Communications at Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN by 10th October.
21. Whilst we’ll try and fulfil our obligations to run the draw smoothly, we’ll not be responsible if something happens which isn’t in our reasonable control. We reserve the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify you without notice if you tamper with the entry process or you don’t comply with these rules.
22. This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Twitter.