If we asked you to guess what the busiest messaging app on our network is, what would you say? Whatsapp? Facebook? You might be surprised then...

Phone-cutout

With 18.4 million people worldwide using Vodafone 4G, and many of those users in Europe, we are now the largest 4G operator in Europe! Things are only going to get better from here – we have loads of exciting stuff in the pipeline for 4G fans, so keep it locked to Vodafone Social for all the latest info on how we’re enhancing your mobile life!

4G has entrenched itself – for many of us – as a part of our daily lives now – it lets us connect with friends, stream music, get a great video experience and so much more, but from more and more places across the country, at any time. We’re proud to be giving people that freedom to do what they want, when they want, and double happy that people in the UK are some of the biggest data users in Europe! Keep it up, Britain.

Message in a bottle…

Naturally, streaming apps like YouTube are always going to lead the way in terms of data usage – video alone accounts for nearly half of all Vodafone 4G usage across Europe.

We say: that’s exactly what 4G is meant for. That’s why we offer our Red Value 4G Bundle customers the chance to subscribe to one of NOW TV Entertainment, Spotify – with its new video features starting to roll out – or Sky Sports Mobile TV at no extra cost!* You can find out more about that here.

 

4g bundles iconJune on 4G
Can’t decide what entertainment pack to choose with your Red Value 4G Bundle? Check out what’s happening this month on Spotify, NOW TV Entertainment and Sky Sports Mobile TV…
Click here!

 

But when it comes to your day to day 4G usage, messaging is king. Yes, that’s right; you go crazy for one messaging app in particular, making it our network’s busiest messaging app…

snapchat

Yep. Snapchat is responsible for a whopping 75% of messaging data traffic in the UK. 75%! That leaves the likes of Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger and others sharing the remaining 25% – a truly remarkable statistic given the popularity of so many other messaging services.

That in itself seems staggering, but Snapchat is clearly a power on the rise in mobile messaging. Facebook famously had a $3bn offer for Snapchat rebuffed in late 2013, and that was a smart move from Snapchat owners, with the service now having a notional value of $15bn as of March this year!

We want everyone to use our 4G network in whatever way they choose, whether it’s expressing themselves over social networks, staying in touch with friends and family, listening to music or watching TV. Our network is there to give you freedom, so keep using it and don’t forget – you can keep an eye on how much data you’re using, as well as access other info about your account through the My Vodafone app. We’ll even alert you via text when you’re getting close to maxing out your data allowance for the month – to ensure you know when to slow down.

 

Vodafone 78pxDownload the My Vodafone app now
Want to keep an eye on your monthly minute, text and data allowances, as well as check your bills and get alerts when you’re ready for an upgrade? Download My Vodafone for iOS or Android.

 

 

*Minimum term agreement and credit check apply. Entertainment: Available on Red Value Bundles and 12-month Red 4G SIM only plans (excluding Red Value 2GB Bundle and Red Starter 4G SIM only plan). Compatible device required. Sky Sports 1&2 only and Sky Sports News HQ only. Content may vary. NOW TV Entertainment Pass: available for Red Value Bundle customers. Access to the NOW TV Entertainment service will automatically renew at £6.99 per month after the initial 6/12/24 months unless cancelled. Retail price paid includes the cost of the Red Value Bundle and the NOW TV Entertainment Pass. Offer not available in conjunction with other NOW TV Entertainment Pass offers. NOW TV Account set up with debit/credit card required. 18+. UK only. Content streamed via BB/4G. Full terms at vodafone.co.uk/entertainment-packs.
4G: Limited coverage, see www.vodafone.co.uk/coverage