Fancy winning a spot at one of the most exclusive gigs of the year? We've got 30 pairs of tickets to give away, and entering isn't tricky...
We’re in the mood for a celebration. To mark three decades since we powered the first mobile phone call in the UK, Vodafone is hosting a massive gig in London with upcoming British star Raleigh Ritchie and one of the most influential hip hop groups of all time: RUN-DMC. And we want you there.
We’ve got 30 pairs of tickets to give away – one spot each for you and a friend – and we’ve made sure that entering into the draw is a cinch for any serious hip hop fans. Read on for all the details.
On Sunday 18 January the UK and US music scenes will collide in London, helping us celebrate 30 years of Vodafone. Raleigh Ritchie, who is bursting up the charts following his breakthrough role as Grey Worm in Game of Thrones, will perform his new material before a group who need no introduction in the hip hop world take the stage: RUN-DMC.
It’s an exclusive event for special guests only, and you and a friend can be part of this one-off experience. To be in with a chance of winning, all you need to do is head to the Vodafone Facebook page between 9am today (9 Jan) and 9am tomorrow (10 Jan), find our competition post and comment, telling us which one of RUN-DMC’s biggest-selling tracks: ‘Walk This Way (ft Aerosmith)’ and ‘It’s Like That (RUN-DMC vs. Jason Nevins)’, is your favourite . That’s it!
To get started, click the link below:
Vodafone UK on Facebook
Want to be at one of this year’s most exclusive gigs? Be sure to comment and let us know your favourite RUN-DMC track out of ‘Walk This Way (ft Aerosmith)’ and ‘It’s Like That (RUN-DMC vs. Jason Nevins)’ to be in with a chance of winning!
– Click here to head to our bustling Facebook page
Good luck! We’ll let the lucky winner know at 12pm tomorrow (Saturday 10 Jan). For the full Ts&Cs, check out the legal stuff at the bottom of this post. And if you don’t win, don’t worry – Vodafone customers will be able to live stream the gig straight to their phones! Stay tuned for more on that soon…
30 Years of Vodafone: There’s plenty more besides this amazing gig happening this month to mark our 30th birthday. Stay tuned for more info next week!
Win two tickets to the #30yearsVodafone gig – Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
How to enter
1. The prize draw opens at 09am on Friday 9 January 2015 and will close at 09am on Saturday 10 January 2015.
2. To enter via Facebook you’ll need to comment on the following post with your favourite track: “WIN tickets to our exclusive #30yearsVodafone gig with Run DMC and Raleigh Ritchie. To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets simply tell us in the comments below, which of RUN-DMC’s best-selling tracks is your favourite: ‘Walk this Way’ (ft Aerosmith) OR ‘It’s Like That’ (RUN-DMC vs. Jason Nevins)?”
For Ts&Cs visit: http://vdfn.co/gig“
3. You can only enter this competition once on Facebook.
4. Sorry, but you can’t enter this draw if:
a. You don’t live in the UK
b. You’re under 18 years old.
c. You are an employee of Vodafone
Winner and prize
5. By entering the prize draw you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
6. 30 winners will be selected at random. Each winner will receive: one pair of standing tickets to the #30yearsVodafone gig to be held on 7pm on Sunday 18 January 2015 at Scala, 275 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross, London N1 9NL. Winners must be available on that date.
7. Event timings are subject to change. Winners will be notified of any changes.
8. Tickets are non-transferable, cannot be sold and no cash alternative will be given. We reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value.
9. The #30yearsVodafone gig is restricted to people 18 years and above, and the venue reserves the right to ask for ID for entry. The venue will accept the following forms of ID only: driving licence, passport, pass ID card and National ID cards.
10. 30 winners will be drawn independently and at random from the qualifying entries from 12pm on 10 January 2015. We will notify the winner by tagging them in a post via Facebook. Only winners will be contacted.
11. Winners will be asked to contact us on the email address email@example.com to claim their prize and provide their full name, age, mobile number, email address, and confirmation of their Facebook profile name within 48 hours. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, we will choose another winner.
12. We cannot be responsible for invalid details or communication failures. If any winner is not contactable after we have made reasonable efforts to do so (or is deemed ineligible in accordance with these terms) an alternative winner may be selected. We may require proof of eligibility prior to awarding any prize.
13. The winner is responsible for all other costs associated with the prize. The prize does not include travel, accommodation, food or drinks.
14. Please note there are no lifts within the venue and there is restricted access for wheelchair users. For more information to allow you to make an informed decision about the venue and event please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Each winner and their guest are subject to the security and entry conditions of the venue. On arrival there will be a mandatory security check and bag search. No bottles will be allowed into the venue, however if required, you will be given a raffle ticket to collect the bottle after the event.
16. Further event information will be sent to winners prior to the gig via email. The ticket will be provided via SMS and email at least three days prior to the gig. The SMS and email will instruct the winner to download a QR code, via a link, which will act as the entry ticket and will need to be presented at the venue for entry. The QR code ticket is valid for two people, allowing both the winner and their guest entry.
17. Winners should contact us at email@example.com if they have not received their ticket via email or SMS three days prior to the event.
Publicity & Content
18. Where we need to we’ll use your details to run the prize draw and contact you if you win. We may also use your name to confirm the winner’s details on our Facebook page. We won’t send you marketing unless you have agreed to this.
19. This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook.
20. The winners may be requested to participate in related publicity for Vodafone UK, including their name and general location being used in Social Media.
21. For the winners’ names please send a stamped SAE to Kimberley Harcombe – Corporate Communications at Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN by 30 June 2015.
22. Whilst we’ll try and fulfil our obligations to run the draw smoothly, we’ll not be responsible if something happens which isn’t in our reasonable control. We reserve the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify you without notice if you tamper with the entry process or you don’t comply with these rules.
Who are we? Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN